The event will take place from 2-5pm, with a VIP preview hour starting at 1pm. Tickets start at $75 for General Admission, with VIP packages ranging from $500-5,000, and can be purchased HERE.
CFKC–the national non-profit organization dedicated to funding research for childhood cancer–is excited to invite local families to this fun-filled, family-friendly event that will feature 10 celebrated and beloved pastry chefs and bakers offering their irresistible cookies, cupcakes, doughnuts, and other tasty treats.
In addition to tasting tables from all the bakers, the event will feature interactive holiday gift making stations hosted by top magazine editors including cookie and cupcake decorating, chocolate pretzel making, spin art and more. Every child attending the event will bring home multiple handmade gifts that are ready to give to grandparents, teachers, neighbors, (even pets!), and everyone on their holiday list.
The event will be hosted by Christina Tosi–the chef, owner and founder of Milk Bar and Judge on “MasterChef” and “MasterChef Junior.” She is a board member of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer and a longtime supporter of the organization’s work to fund research to develop new and improved and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer, the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. Proceeds from the event will go directly to pediatric cancer research at the leading childhood cancer research facilities, including Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Columbia University/Herbert Irving Cancer Center, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Featured Pastry Chefs and Bakers:
- Christina Tosi, Event Host, Chef, Owner and Founder of Milk Bar
- Richard Capizzi, Pastry Chef, Lincoln Ristorante
- Karen DeMasco, Award-Winning Pastry Chef & Author
- Fany Gerson, Founder, Dough Doughnuts & La Newyorkina
- Jenny McCoy, Author, Pastry Chef, Instructor at Institute of Culinary Education
- Samantha Mittler, Owner and Executive Pastry Chef, The Dessertist
- Karen Tack & Alan Richardson, Best-Selling Authors of Hello, Cupcake!
- Michelle Tampakis, Owner, Whipped Pastry Boutique
- Sarah Sanneh, Owner, Pies ’n’ Thighs
- Mark Welker, Executive Pastry Chef, Eleven Madison Park & The Nomad
- Nene’s Treats & more!
Interactive Gift Making Stations:
- Cupcake Decorating by the creative geniuses behind Hello, Cupcake!, Karen Tack and Alan Richardson
- No-Bake Cookie Balls with Beth Lipton, Food Director of Health magazine
- Watercolor Cookie Decorating with Better Homes & Gardens magazine
- Sugar Art with Farideh Sadeghin, Culinary Director of MUNCHIES
- Chocolate Pretzel Making with Valrhona Chocolate, run by kids cooking experts from Taste Buds Kitchen
- Create Your Own Cookie Sandwiches with Woman’s Day magazine
- Gingerbread Cookie Decorating with Family Circle magazine
- Krispy Treats Cut-out Station with Tara Bench, celebrated lifestyle and food blogger behind Tara’s Teaspoon
Additional activities and event highlights include music by 13-year old DJ Fulano; an interactive mural project designed by graphic artist Matthew Langille, who will also be creating character sketches for each child; arts and crafts in the Apple Seeds Creative Center; spin art with Kulinary Kids NYC; balloon twisting; face painting; airbrush tattoos; photo booth; a holiday cookie gift set; and special guest appearances.
To learn more and to purchase tickets, visit cookiesforkidscancer.org!