Because everything is better in miniature. Especially desserts. —
Makes 24 mini pies
PIE CRUST (FILLS 24-CUP MINIMUFFIN PAN)
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 stick butter, chilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp ice water (or more if needed)
2 17-oz cans, pumpkin puree
4 tbsp butter, melted
4 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups mini-marshmallows (optional)
1. In a food processor, place the flour, salt and sugar and process until combined.
2. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal (about 15 seconds).
3. Pour water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube until the dough just holds together when pinched. If necessary, add more water. Do not process more than 30 seconds.
4. Turn the dough onto your work surface and gather into a ball. Divide the dough in half, flattening each half into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about one hour before using. This will chill the butter and relax the gluten in the flour.
1. Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl except mini marshmallows, whisk until combined.
1. Roll pie dough out and cut into circles (large enough to fill mini muffin cups) fill greased mini muffin pan.
2. Scoop pumpkin filling into pan, do not overfill.
3. Top each mini pie with a marshmallow.
4. Cook at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
5. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
6. If you omit the marshmallows, you can serve it with whipped cream.
*Note: You can also use store-bought crust to save yourself a bit of prep time!
-Jessi Walter, Taste Buds