2022 Camp Fair Schedule
Sunday 3/6 Downtown – Manhattan 14 St Y
Sunday 3/13 West Side Manhattan Rodeph Shalom
Saturday 3/19 East Side Manhattan St Jean Baptiste
Sunday 3/20 Cobble Hill Brooklyn Kane St Synagogue
Saturday 3/26 Queens, Long Island City Plaxall Gallery
Sunday 3/27 Park Slope TBD
Why You Should Attend A Camp Fair
With so many summer camp choices, the process of finding the right camp for your child can be daunting, now more so than ever. Our Camp Fairs throughout New York City & Westchester make it easy for parents to sort through the various camp options by allowing you to meet & interact with several camp directors all in one place. Camp experts from the American Camp Association, NY and NJ are also available to assist you with any questions you may have. Simply put, our Camp Fairs are the best resource to research and find the best camp for your child.
What You Can Expect
Our Camp Fairs are FREE events that take place on weekends and feature a wide variety of both day and sleepaway camps for campers ages 3-15. During your time at the Camp Fair, you will have the opportunity to learn about the camp programs and get to know the leadership at these camps. Face-to-face conversations with the people who will be caring for your child at camp are important, so take the time to meet them.
What We Will Be Doing To Keep You Safe
In the age of Covid we are taking several steps at our camp fairs to make safety our top priority.
- All attendees must be registered including your cell phone number and email address in case we need to contact you after the camp fair.
- All attendees & camp experts must wear a mask at all times.
- All camps and families must show proof of vaccination to attend the camp fairs
- Attendance for both camps and families will be limited so the rooms where we are holding the camp fairs can allow for social distancing as much as possible.
How to Prepare
Before visiting a Camp Fair, consider what type of experience you are looking for your child to have at camp. The more questions you ask, the better you will be able to understand what the camp is about and if it’s the right fit for your child. Also keep in mind that the more open you are with camp directors, the better informed you will be when it comes to making a decision. Here are a few questions to ask the camp leadership team:
- What is your camp’s mission and philosophy?
- What type of child is successful at your camp?
- What is your camp’s program?
- What type of training and education do you and your staff have?
- What are the safety procedures?
- What are your enrollment options?
- How does your camp handle special needs?