Being a new mom can be super-stressful, especially during the holidays when life is crazy enough! To bring a smile to a mom in your life—whether a partner, friend or family member—here are 10 creative gifts that I’m sure she’d love to get.
1. No gift guide would be complete this year without mentioning a donation to Sandy Relief. A great idea I heard about allows you to adopt a family who lost everything in the storm at family-to-family.org. Doing so in a mom you love’s name would be a heartfelt gift.
2. You’ve already heard of my love for Dr. Hauschka Skin Care’s natural products and holistic remedies, and I think their gift sets make the perfect present. I especially like the Rest and Relaxation Gift Set ($39.95) and the Aromatherapy Bath Kit ($19.95).
3. My favorite local, yummy gifts–all made in Brooklyn–are a box of French macaroons from Le Petit Bakery in Fort Greene ($2.50 a piece; available in store), salted caramels from NuNu Chocolates (boxes start at $8; available at various store locations or online), and any cookies, hot chocolate or handmade marshmallows from Whimsy & Spice (available at various store locations, online, or at these upcoming holiday markets).
5. Nothing is more relaxing than a nice, warm cup of tea at the end of a long day and after the baby is in bed. I just bought this Rishi Tea Glass Pitcher with Infuser Basket and am loving it ($15). To go with it, I recommend some Tazo loose teas, which are delightful (prices vary).
6. Might I suggest a gift certificate at a spa? (Of course I love Soho Sanctuary, where I work as an esthetician!) There is nothing better than a terrific facial or massage–or both! (You can see the list of spa packages available at Soho Sanctuary here.)
9. My hubby buying me 10 sessions with the fab personal trainer Stephanie Severe was one of the best gifts I’ve ever received! Also, consider buying a series of yoga classes or a gift certificate for some Lululemon workout gear (pictured)—the brand is famous for its comfy and stylish clothing.