Facts about music
• All children are musical when they are born — they can keep a steady beat and sing in tune. Their future musical ability depends on how and if you nurture it.
• Music develops a child holistically on all levels: social, cognitive, emotional, physical, musical, and with language development.
• Between the ages of newborn to 7, children experience rapid brain development. This is a prime time to expose them to many different types of music and movement vocabulary.
• The parent or primary caregiver is the most important teacher for one’s child. Babies’ brains develop based on three components: genetics, experience, and environment. When babies are given a safe experience within a loving environment, they learn better.
Facts about Mandarin Chinese
• Mandarin is one of the six United Nations languages and is spoken by more than one billion people in the world, more than any other language.
• Mandarin is the standard language of China, the world’s second-largest economy.
• Between the ages of newborn to 7, children experience rapid brain development. This is a prime time to expose them to a new language.
• Children who learn a language before adolescence are more likely to develop native-like pronunciation.