NYC Spring Bucket List: The Ultimate Insiders Guide for Families
NYC has a ton to do; this is no secret but what are the best activities and things to do with kids? Luckily, we at New York Family have a lot of kids; we are also editors whose job is to know the best places to go with the family. Yup, we got this.
This spring bucket list is our insider guide because it is places we hear about when we are out with our kids or a mom at the park shares on the latest new slide kids are begging to visit. We also know that families love to spend a day at one of our fantastic museums or try the newest scoop of ice cream from one of NY’s own founded ice cream shops.
So whether you are a new or seasoned parent , visiting New York City we have a Spring Bucket List perfect for the entire family.
- Roller Skate at Flipper’s Roller Boogie Palace at The Rink.
- Take a ride on the world famous Coney Island Cyclone at Luna Park
- See Macy’s in full bloom at their annual Flower Show
- Root for the home team at a Long Island Duck’s baseball game.
- Learn to juggle at Bryant Park.
- After drop off visit The Whitney, solo, or wait for the weekend and bring the family. Kids ages 18 and under are free!
- Feel like you’re on top of the world when you zipline and climb at The Adventure Park at Long Island
- Head downtown to Water and State Street and hop on the aquarium–themed and gorgeous Seaglass Carousel.
- Take on “Slide Mountain” at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Immerse yourself in the world of Minecraft at Liberty Science Center.
- Finally take that walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Encourage your kids to try new fruits and vegetables with a trip to the Union Square Greenmarket.
- Walk along the DUMBO Walls for art you won’t see anywhere else- and don’t forget to take some memorable selfies.
- Head to the Greenpoint Library & Environmental Education Center-the kids and teen sections are A-mazing…enjoy the serene outside Reading Garden.
- Grab a scoop of ice cream of Van Leeuwen’s famous flavors like Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Cookies & Cream or try their limited Kraft Macaroni & Cheese(!) flavor.
- Check out Playscape @thebatterynyc with a mega slide hill that kids will love and fun climbing structures.
- Spend the day at City Point. Visit CAMP, McNally Jackson’s children’s book nook and find your new favorite food at the global food court
- Walk the Highline, check out the plants, and artist Sam Durant’s Untitled (drone) and grab some of NYC’s best food in and around this buzzling nook on the Westside.
- NY’s Chinatown is like no other- the kids will love the noodles at Cha Kee and The Original Ice Cream Factory for yum flavors Lychee and Durian
- Pick up a new book to read at the park at Book are Magic in Cobble Hill.
- Visit the New York Aquarium and meet some of your favorite marine animals.
- Explore NYC from new heights or learn a new thing or two about this amazing city by grabbing tickets for RiseNY!
- Grab any kind of food you could possibly imagine (and maybe even more!) when you stop by Smorgasburg this Spring.
- Stop by the Battery Playscape and play in the five ecology zones.
- Spend the day exploring Hudson Park’s Pier 25 and taking part in some of the many fun activities they offer, such as their mini golf course and children’s playground!
Psst… Check out The Best Spring Break Camps of 2022