If your child is a current eighth-grade student or first-time ninth-grade student, it’s time to fill out the NYC high school application! In New York City, you have the choice of over 700 different programs at over 400 high schools. When filling out your high school application, you narrow down your choice to 12 high school programs. To help you navigate this application process, we’ve summarized all the information you need to know.
Psst…searching for a new read? Check out Winter Break Book Reading for All Ages and Levels!
Deadline to Apply to High School: March 1, 2021
Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Your MySchools account will be where you explore high school program options, build your application, and apply. Or, talk with your school counselor to decide which 12 programs to include on your application.
- To create your account, follow this video: How to create your MySchools account.
- In order to apply, you will need your unique MySchools creation code (included in your high school welcome letters) and your student ID number.
- The registration period for the Specialized High School’s Admissions Test has now closed.
- For more information and updates, you can sign up for the high school admissions email list.
- Contact schools directly for the most up-to-date information about certain programs.
- Learn about the diversity initiatives in NYC high schools.
- For a more detailed walkthrough of the admission process, see the NYC High School Admissions Guide.
- Visit school websites or contact the high schools directly about virtual open houses and other virtual events they have available for families.